When you need more details, it is the right place to be!
Questions we are asked the most are answered here.
What is the purpose of this website?
You are interested in building wealth through property investing, but maybe you also:
- Feel frustrated trying to find unbiased and useful information about property investing;
- Are lost in abundance of statistical data and confusing media messages;
- Don’t know where to start and how to buy your first property;
- Need some encouragement and inspiration along the way.
You have come to the right place!
Whether you are going to purchase your very first investment property or expand your existing property portfolio, information on this website will help you gain knowledge, that might take months or years of research, fast.
One of the problems all property buyers face, especially ones that are new to the field, is an abundance of contrary information on different websites, magazines and seminars. It is not an easy task to learn all about an investment topic itself, more so when messages in media are confusing.
- They might be coming from property spruikers who are suggesting the use of new investment techniques and promising that everyone can get rich quick;
- Or from companies, selling units in particular development and using a lack of knowledge in their favor.
That is one of the reasons why so many people who are involved in the property investment in Australia are not successful in building their property portfolio – too many information from untrusted sources.
Therefore, we made the research for you to shift out the true from the false and to provide beginner investors with information about buying a residential property in Australia. We have collected useful information in one place so that it is easy to prepare yourself to enter the property game.
All information is gathered from trusted and official resources and is based on Australian legislation and commentary of leading real estate specialists.
What is the story behind ConstantaRealty? How did you become involved in property investing?
It is a long story, you might want to get yourself a cup of tea…
I started working in the real estate industry in Australia about 5 years ago as a property manager in Brisbane. It was an interesting full-on job where we rented out Units purchased by investors in a beautiful high-rise building in the heart of Hamilton. The area was evolving, infrastructure being updated, cafes and restaurants popping out everywhere. That is why many people wanted to live there: proximity to CBD, public transport and places of interest.
Our days were filled with the excitement of getting new investors on board, finding good tenants for them and keeping properties in the best condition possible. We were very busy and didn’t have much time to chat, but I always made sure I took time to talk to owners and tenants who liked to pop in on a nice sunny weekday on their way to the gym or work. It was a mine of information from different perspectives.
I didn’t know and think much about investing and investors back then, I just admired the fact that those wealthy people somehow earned money to purchase a brand-new Unit or two in a great area which was going through a construction boom.
1) It was until one day an elegant old man in a nice suit came to the office, he was an owner of a 2-bedroom Unit in the building. He asked what I was thinking about surrounding suburbs and if he should invest somewhere there. He said he owned 18 properties across Australia and was looking to expand his property portfolio.
I was stoked.
18 properties? Really? Is it even possible to buy one?
Everything seemed so expensive and out of reach.
2) Few days after an owner-occupier who lived in a beautiful 2-bedroom Unit came to the office. He said that he wanted to sell his property and move elsewhere because he didn’t like construction around the corner and was tired of tenants moving in and out all the time.
Our building was only 2 years old in a pretty good condition and he took care of his property, however, the valuation came $20,000 below the price he paid for his Unit 2 years ago.
He was obviously not happy.
I was confused because I believed property prices go only up and never down. Just because it’s real estate!
Apparently, this wasn’t always the case.
3) Soon after one of the owners sold his only investment property – tiny studio without a carpark – because he couldn’t keep up with mortgage repayments and other expenses even though he had a constant stream of rent hitting his account monthly.
After this chain of events, I started to realize that some puzzle pieces in my understanding of the real estate world were missing.
I didn’t get why some people had 18 properties and were considering getting more and some had only one and were not able to keep it because of the mortgage repayment costs.
Where were all those stories from magazines about ordinary investors who made a fortune buying and selling real estate coming from? In real life, I saw investors made a loss selling their one and only property after holding it for a couple of years. There should have been some price increase, or was I wrong?
I decided to investigate and find out what is property investment all about, how to become a real estate investor, how is it possible to make money in real estate and what knowledge or tools people need to be successful.
The main question I had in mind was how to get started in property investing and be successful?
Researching and gathering information about real estate investment became my after-work obsession.
It took me almost three years of research to build a substantial knowledge base to be able to shift the true from the false. I read many books written for investors, attended flashy seminars and webinars and browsed through hundreds of websites.
I found that many successful rich people had made their fortunes in real estate (like Donald Trump for example). Others, who had made their fortunes in other industries, seemed to have invested in property too to preserve and multiply their money.
I studied dozens of success stories of property investors in Australia. I found they all have certain things and ideas in common, meaning they are using those ideas to succeed.
I shared all findings and ideas with Artem as he always supported my passion.
We decided that we want to implement the ideas of successful property investors in practice, invest ourselves and share useful information with all beginner investors out there.
We have developed a step-by-step Ultimate Action plan and 6 comprehensive Smart Guides.
We invite you to explore them and join us on our investment journey!
Let’s discover Australian property market together!
What is Ultimate Action Plan?
Ultimate Action Plan is your step-by-step manual of the Australian real estate world for beginner property investors who want to build wealth through property.
Put simply it is a plan to buying your first asset with 18 steps.
- Initially, we worked out this Ultimate Action Plan as a step-by-step system for ourselves to get us started and stay on track. It came up so good, we could not keep it to ourselves and decided to share with every beginner property investor out there.
- We believe that all property buyers should know the main concepts of the real estate industry and be aware of the property game rules. It is specifically created to help novice investors to navigate their way through the property acquisition maze.
Property investment is a very complicated process, there are many aspects to it. That is why it is very handy to know what to expect at every stage of it.
Ultimate Action Plan is divided into 18 steps and 6 Guides.
18 individual steps are moves you need to undertake to become a successful property investor and future-proof growing your property portfolio.
Steps are grouped together in 6 Comprehensive Guides for your convenience.
By the way, we are constantly expanding and perfecting our Ultimate Action Plan. Which is always a good thing.
What are Smart Guides?
Smart Guides uncover in detail very specific information related to buying residential real estate in Australia. Currently, there are 6 Smart Guides.
We made the research for you, collected and structured useful information in one place so that it is easier to prepare yourself to enter the property game.
- All information is sourced from trusted and official resources and is based on Australian legislation.
- We designed Smart Guides to get you started in property investing and topped it with tips on how to avoid mistakes from the start.
- Our Smart Guides are designed to help all novice investors to start investing by telling you how exactly to buy your first investment property step-by-step. It will also teach you how to be in a property game like a pro and avoid costly mistakes.
- We believe that not everyone needs to make tons of mistakes at the start of their investment journey, get broke and only then realize how to do it right recovering and literally rising from the ashes of bankruptcy. This process of learning could take years or decades.
There is no need to learn it the hard way.
Instead, smart investors save their time, focus on gaining the right knowledge before they make the first move and have risk minimization strategies in place. They are deemed to make informed decisions, have a clear vision, a refined system and a systematic approach at the start.
All information and strategies have been there for decades! Why reinvent the wheel?
To see contents and learn more, visit our Smart Guides page.
Follow the storyline and enjoy!
Why study Smart Guides and read articles myself? I can hire someone to buy Australian property for me.
Some people might think that it is enough to know about property prices and so-called “hot spots” in major cities (suburbs where everyone is buying real estate because there is new construction going on and it is believed that property will significantly go up in price and an investor can become rich quickly).
History of hundreds of unsuccessful purchases in Australia and many articles expressing expert’s opinions proved that this is not necessarily the case.
It is simply not enough to just read a few magazines and buy a property where everyone is buying. You need to be prepared better and to understand the property market you are going to invest in.
You might be wondering why do you need to learn if there are local specialists whom you can delegate?
- First of all, no one is interested in your success more than yourself. You are making the final decision and you should be well prepared;
- Secondly, buying real estate is obviously not the same as buying a designer handbag or even a car. A lot of money is involved and all decisions must be made based on knowledge and facts;
- Thirdly, you will need to choose a good professional who will act in your best interests and will have a lot of experience. You simply cannot justify if a person is a professional or not if you don’t know which questions to ask and if what they are telling you is true.
Even if your friend bought a residential real estate and recommended you a property agent, it is always good to feel confident because of your own knowledge and rely on facts and figures instead of someone’s subjective opinion.
The best way not to be fooled is to educate yourself.
Let me suggest that we will dig a bit deeper than most beginner investors do and will accumulate a good knowledge base before committing buying one of the most significant assets of many people’s lives.
For someone considering buying a real estate in Australia, it is important to understand not only the present – what the process of buying real estate is, but also plan for the future.
For example, a property buyer needs to learn about:
- factors that are influencing Australian property markets because they have an impact on property prices. We all want to own a property which will continue to increase in value and attract best tenants.
- property buying expenses because they have a huge impact on the investor’s budget and his/her ability to invest.
- and much more.